About the Memphis Music Resource Center
- Are you looking for a place to work with computers, fax machines and telephones you can use to take care of your business needs? It’s all at
- Are you looking real life knowledge about publishing, licensing, publicity or other industry practices? You’ll find it at the MRC.
- Are you ready to create a business plan for your band or music business? The MRC staff can help you.
- Use our graphic design software to make show posters
- Read the latest issues of the top industry publications such as Pollstar, Billboard, and the Musician’s Atlas.
- Learn how to design your Facebook or learn to build your band web site
- Watch video tutorials on different areas on the music business
- Attend one of our educational workshops
- Utilize Sony Vegas and Final Cut express to perfect your video
- Work with the staff to create your music business plan through individual consultations
- Day Passes for touring musicians
No more wasted time trying to explain your style or business goals to someone who just doesn’t get the music industry. We recognize and respect the separate and distinct needs of different genres of music in Memphis, and understand the many obstacles you face daily. Alongside the aforementioned services, we also offer educational workshops, a library of industry periodicals and so much more .
The MRC was created to help artists achieve success. There’s no place else like it in the world. The MRC’s purpose is to help the local music community take advantage of the opportunities found in the changing global music industry a world where artists and music professionals can support themselves through ingenuity, hard work and networking without giving up their independent spirit. Stop by meet our team and check things out.
Membership is available to everyone in the music community, and there are no fees to join. Simply complete your Member Profile. Note: if you joined prior to May 2010 and had a member log-in and password, those functions are no longer part of the MRC member program. Simply fill out the form, look for the confirmation page and you’re done!
The Music Resource Center provides educational and networking opportunities for musicians and music businesses. We offer workshops and in-house tutorials on a variety of different topics. The MRC is a living library of information on the music business. We also provide a dedicated staff for personalized consultations on how to advance your career.
The Memphis Music Resource Center serves musicians and music industry professionals and entrepreneurs in the Greater Memphis area, including Shelby County, Fayette County, Crittenden County (AR) and Desoto County (MS). For inquiries outside this region, please contact us.
If you are an organization or business, you can join the MRC, too – just head here instead. After you sign up, contact us directly or just stop by the MRC (431 S. Main, #201) any time to meet with a program assistant and complete your artist assessment.